Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hit the Nail on The Head

As someone who had the nasty habit of biting their nails for about 9 years, I will be the first to tell you that it's a hard habit to break! Last year I thought I had kicked the habit for good when I had got so busy in my last quarter of college that I just simply didn't have the time to bite my nails anymore. But as soon as I graduated I was off the wagon again and it wasn't until I moved to New York a few months later that I realized having perfectly manicured nails is a major part of grooming here! Being west coast born and raised instilled a sense of laid back-ness in me, where the only time we really got our nails done was for special occasions like dances and fancy dates. It wasn't until February that I went and got a manicure with my friend Norah and I have not bitten my nails since. And since then, I have become obsessed with always having my nails painted. Unfortunately for me I do them myself most of the time because I live on the budget of a sales associate by day, designer by night. Here are a few of my most recent manicures that I had to share! Oh and please excuse my hands, I'm double jointed in all my fingers so they always look weird. I've actually had people scream and ask if I was okay, haha.


From left to right: Hawaiian Punch by Orly, Golden Fish Scales by Lisa Logan for Minx (done by manicurist Natasha at the IFB conference), and Yummy Mummy by Butter London with Nails Inc Special Effects Farrington Crackle Topcoat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!
xo Chelsea