Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Etc.

Yesterday turned into a search for something I didn't know I needed. I have been watching a lot of the "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and the spin-off show "Rhoda" lately. I've always liked MTM and Rhoda was a pleasant Hulu+ discovery. If you've ever watched either of these shows, you've noticed that in Rhoda's home there is a wooden "etc" sign hanging on the set background. It's always stood out to me for some reason, so when I made my once weekly Target trip a few weeks ago, I noticed their new Typography home collection. Some brilliant designer decided to make a wooden etc sign very similar to Rhoda's. When it was $20, I couldn't justify it, but it went on sale this week for $10! Unfortunately, my local Target was sold out and so began the one woman sign hunt. I called my mother and friend Sarah to look at the Target in Seattle and I asked a salesperson to tell me whether any other store still had it. After concluding that it would be too much effort to go to these other Targets looking for something that may or may not still be there, I left. This morning however, I woke up with such vigor that I decided I would find this etc sign if it was the last thing I did! I mapped out two Targets, one in the Bronx and one in Harlem (with a pit stop at Coinstar!). Getting to the first Target in the Bronx was a three train trek in itself but it paid off... they had the sign! Victory! I couldn't be happier with my acquisition. With this, begins the official redecoration process of my apartment. I can't wait to share the process here, stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!
xo Chelsea